Have you just moved into your brand new luxury apartment in Melbourne, like the New Charsfield on St. Kilda Road? Whether you’re new to life south of the Yarra or not, it's always a good idea to throw a housewarming party for your friends and family.
Looking for some soiree ideas? In this post, we’ll give you some menu choices, ideas for drinks and even great ways to furnish the place for company.
Finger food and other nibbles are always a crowd pleaser when you’re throwing a soiree. However, you won’t just be throwing some party pies in the oven and dishing them out with tomato sauce. You need a menu that matches the luxurious nature of your new apartment. Here are some great ideas for a spread:
- Chicken liver paté with toast points lightly drizzled with olive oil, rosemary and sea salt.
- Classic deviled eggs. For a little extra, try soaking the whites in beet juice to dye them pink.
- Lamb meatballs with a yoghurt sauce.
- Tea sandwiches, like smoked salmon and dill, roast ham and cheddar cheese, or even cucumber and cream cheese.
- Arancini balls AKA fried balls of risotto.
- Bacon wrapped dates.
- Charcuterie platter, complete with a range of meats with different textures, flavours and temperatures, as well as a selection of cheeses, fruits, olives and quince paste.
- Crostini – toasted bread with delicious toppings. Want a perfect way to spice it up? Do a few plates of bruschetta and some more with goat’s cheese and fig compote.
Bubbles and Drinks
Moving into your brand new luxury apartment is cause for celebration, and what better way to do so than to share some thoughtful and fun drinks with your friends? Of course, you can always stock the bar with bottles of bubbly, wine, beer and spirits, but what kind of a host would you be if you didn’t also offer a signature cocktail or two?
- Kir Royale: A classic French starter, the Kir Royale offers a nice, simple play on sparkling wine by adding a touch of deeply coloured crème de cassis. Garnish with a blackberry to enhance the flavour of the liqueur.
- French 75: Refreshing and timeless, this mixture of gin, lemon, sugar, and sparkling wine is easy to make in batches and sure to please.
- Rum Punch: Combine a dark rum of your choice with equal amounts of strong black tea, some Demerara sugar, lime juice and a blend of spices like cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, star anise, cloves, cardamom and allspice.
- Cameron’s Cooler: A Scotch-based cocktail that is bold, refreshing and true to its whisky roots, this cocktail offers a mix of 3 parts blended Scotch, 1 part dry white wine, 1 part fresh lemon juice, 1 part simple syrup and 2 parts chilled ginger beer. Garnish with Angostura bitters.
Furnishing for Your House Warming Party
Depending on the floor plan of your new luxury apartment, you can furnish in a number of ways to accommodate your guests. The great thing about the new luxury apartments on St. Kilda Road is that each floor plan has a common area that connects to the kitchen as well as to an outdoor area. This will allow you to expand your party, offering different seating and standing spaces for friends to mingle.
Make sure to arrange it so there are plenty of pathways among the tables and chairs. Your guests should be able to have a clear line from the kitchen through the living space and out onto the balcony.
If you have moved into the New Charsfield one bedroom, you might find that arranging platters of food in the main living dining area is best, while the bar could go on the balcony. The two bedroom and three bedroom options give you some more leeway. For example, you could arrange the bar along the island in the kitchen and arrange the food along the dining room table. Be sure to include a nice centrepiece for the buffet table, such as a bouquet of flowers or a bowl of lemons.
Already Imagining Your Move-In Party? Enquire about Open Apartments in The New Charsfield.
Contact EBG Developments for more information today.